In 2019 the Banking Code of Practice (BCOP) was updated to include appropriate processes to identify and deal with customers in vulnerable circumstances. For a broker it means following the lender processes where a customer may be vulnerable and taking extra care. This includes acting with sensitivity, respect and compassion.
One area of vulnerability is domestic or family violence. Sadly, 2020 saw an increase in domestic and family violence cases across Australia.
In May, as part of our social responsibility initiatives, we will be running a 2.5 hour online sessions with a focus on this vulnerability.
The online sessions will be held on the following dates in May:
- Tuesday 4 May - 11.00am - 1.30pm (AEST)
- Wednesday 5 May - 11.00am - 1.30pm (AEST)
- Thursday 6 May - 2.00pm - 4.30pm (AEST)
- Tuesday 11 May - 11.00am - 1.30pm (AEST)
- Wednesday 12 May - 11.00am - 1.30pm (AEST)
- Thursday 13 May - 2.00pm - 4.30pm (AEST)