The MFAA's primary purpose is to advance our members' interests through leadership in advocacy, education and promotion.
This means we're here to help our members run more successful businesses, and here to help grow and ensure the sustainability of the mortgage and finance market.
The direct benefits of being a MFAA member are two-fold:
First, the MFAA delivers you an exclusive range of products and services that you can use to help generate more leads, develop as a broker and establish and grow your businesses. Resources include dedicated Business Development Manager support, courses and webinars, marketing and compliance resources and assistance, an extensive portfolio of networking and educational events to attend, a highly regarded awards program, advocacy and promotions, and much more.
Secondly, MFAA membership establishes you as a trusted source of credit advice to borrowers, increasing your chances of attracting and retaining customers. Belonging to Australia's premium industry association shows that you adhere to high professional and ethical standards. It demonstrates your integrity, commitment to professionalism and shows your intention to always put your client first.
Are you ready to become a member? Join now.
Want to know more?
Build a successful and fulfilling broking practice with our extensive range of products, services and benefits.
• Dedicated Business Development Managers: To provide you with the dedicated business and broking support and guidance to help you thrive.
• A voice to Government: We partner with a Government advisory firm to ensure your voice is heard where it counts, and your interests are considered
• A voice in the media: Using a communications agency to ensure that the value of the broker proposition and the voice of the industry is accurately represented.
• Representation at the Combined Industry Forum (CIF): To preserve and promote a vibrant and competitive mortgage broking industry that encourages consumer choice.
• Free annual marketing consults: To help you develop and refine your marketing strategy and tactics to help you generate more leads and build your brand.
• Legal and compliance tools and resources: The most up-to-date compliance and regulatory requirements to help you stay compliant.
• Compliance support services: Bespoke compliance support to address your specific compliance issues to help you operate responsibly.
• Member benefits program: A range of special offers and discounts to help you save time and money.
• MFAA eNews: So you can stay up-to-date with the latest industry developments and great business stories.
• State and National Excellence Awards: To help you and your business stand out from your competitors.
• The MFAA’s mentoring program: A cost-effective solution to help you become a fully accredited broker.
• Discounted Anti-money Laundering Refresher courses: To save you 70% off this required course.
• Industry and broker advertising initiatives: To remind consumers, regulators and politicians of the value that brokers deliver, and to help grow the channel's market share.
• National forums: To allow members to shape and influence the industry to improve customer outcomes and to support brokers.
• Esteemed membership categories: To reward the commitment of long-term and dedicated members.
• MFAA social media communities: To allow you to connect and share ideas with your broking-peers.
Broker business-building tools:
• Free New Member Welcome and Orientation Sessions: To help show you what to expect and keep your business on track.
• $99 mortgage and finance calculators: Normally valued in excess of $500 - to drive more traffic to your website, and to keep customers there longer.
• Free business plans: To help you plan for success.
• MFAA COMMUNITY engagement programs: To help you engage with your community and to help you create medium-to-long-term business opportunities.
• Free consumer website content: For you to use on your website or blog to help you attract and retain web traffic.
• Use of the MFAA’s Sydney office facilities: To help regional or interstate members connect with and host Sydney clients.
• MFAA website: Your one-stop-shop for information about the industry and profession.
• MyResources online broker portal: To give you exclusive access to the array of tools and resources on offer from the MFAA.
• Consumer website (mortgageandfinancehelp.com.au): Attracting hundreds-of-thousands of visitors a year to promote the array of benefits the broker can offer customers.
• ‘Find-a-broker’ search tool for consumers: A directory allowing consumers to find and connect with brokers like you, based on your location or specialties.
Professional development, education and events
• Professional development (PD) days: At metro, rural and regional locations across the country to keep you up-to-date with the latest broking tactics and strategies.
• 20+ free webinars per year: To educate you on the exciting array of developments and changes that are constantly occurring across the industry.
• Discounted online courses: To help you improve your current finance and business knowledge and practices, or diversify into new business opportunities, at a very affordable price.
• Networking and social events: To help you build valuable professional relationships and learn from your peers.
• National Roadshow tour: To help you stay on top of the big developments in the industry.
• Local member forums: To provide you with additional opportunities to network, learn and provide feedback to the MFAA.
• Post nominal, Dip. FMBM: To give you the recognition you deserve to help you stand out from your competitors.
• Industry Intelligence Service (IIS) Reports: To give you the information and knowledge you need to plan for growth and expansion or to make winning strategic and tactical decisions.
• Quarterly Market Share Reports: To showcase brokers’ overall value and share of the industry and highlight your contributions to the economy and the Australian public.
• Other industry research: Such as the Young Professionals Reports and Opportunities for Women Reports to give you a comprehensive understanding of the industry as a whole, and to help you to plan for success.
Download the MFAA Benefits of Membership booklet that outlines the extensive range of benefits you could receive from your membership.