MFAA membership establishes you as a trusted source of credit advice for borrowers. Belonging to the peak industry body shows you adhere to an industry code of practice which sets high professional and ethical standards for members.
It demonstrates your integrity, commitment to professionalism and ongoing professional development and shows your promise to always put your client first.
As the peak industry body, the MFAA upholds a strong code of professionalism. We maintain strict accreditation standards on education, experience and ethics. Members who do not comply with these standards may be expelled or have their membership suspended or cancelled. We are serious about protecting consumers so that they can go to an MFAA member and borrow with confidence.
We continually profile and promote MFAA members to consumers through advertising, media, social networks and industry advocacy. Our visible reputation helps you to build your business. We also provide helpful hints and tips for homebuyers on our Mortgage & Finance Help website, and on our Facebook page.
The MFAA is the acknowledged authority in the mortgage and finance industry and both the organisation and our members are frequently sought by the media for comment on industry developments.
Our proactive advocacy at all levels of government helps inform policy decisions that impact the mortgage and finance industry. We act on behalf of our members and in the interests of consumers. The past year has seen us make submissions to the Federal Government on anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing, electronic conveyancing and many more.
Consumers are seeking trust and professionalism when making what is often their biggest asset purchase. They can check the MFAA professional code of conduct and search for experienced MFAA brokers.
Our extensive education programs and Australia wide events will help you to broaden your contacts and develop your business networks. The MFAA also provides the opportunity to be recognised by your peers and the community via the MFAA Excellence Awards.
Each State hosts well attended Professional Development days showcasing a variety of speakers ranging from ASIC representatives, economists, successful brokers and legal and compliance experts.
Download the MFAA Benefits of Membership booklet that outlines the extensive range of benefits you could receive from your membership.
- MFAA seeks members’ views and positions and puts them forward to government, regulators, media and consumer groups
- MFAA assists governments and regulators in preparing government policies and initiatives affecting our industry
- MFAA runs information and public relations campaigns to support the industry and to encourage borrowers to always use an MFAA member
- Members are able to stand for board election and participate in the governance of the association
- MFAA actively lobbies to ensure regulatory changes don’t increase the cost of business or create inefficiency
- The MFAA disciplinary rules and procedures help to remove unethical brokers from the industry and support consumer confidence. Click here to view MFAA expelled and suspended members.
- MFAA News keep members informed about emerging issues and developments and provides information on a wide variety of subjects
- MFAA has a legal and compliance help area to provide general legal and compliance information to ensure members comply with the letter and spirit of relevant laws and regulation
- MFAA's partnership with Equifax offers savings on credit checks. Contact Equifax directly on 02 9278 7547 for further information.
- The Member Benefits Program offers discounts on a wide variety of lifestyle and business services and products.
- The MFAA offers members complimentary and customised annual marketing consultations to help members develop their marketing strategies, refine marketing tactics, and achieve their commercial objectives.
- MFAA provides a professional accreditation path for loan writers
- MFAA education programs offers skills based courses online, face-to-face and in-house to enable you to expand your skills and business offering
- The continuing professional development (CPD) program ensures loan writers maintain their professional standing
- MFAA runs seminars and free webinars around the country on topical issues
- The MFAA promotes the capabilities of the Australian mortgage and finance industry to government, regulators, media and consumer groups.
- The MFAA consumer awareness campaigns encourage the public to always use an MFAA member
- MFAA members are listed on the ‘Find an accredited broker’ section of the MFAA's consumer-focussed Mortgage & Finance Help website
- MFAA membership logos can be used on communications and marketing collateral
- MFAA Excellence Awards promote successful companies and individuals in the industry
- MFAA responds quickly to criticisms of, or misconceptions about the industry
- MFAA media releases can be used by members in their own public relations campaigns
- Brochures are available to members to distribute to clients
- The MFAA runs numerous events around the country to assist you increase your contacts
- MFAA National Roadshow delivers business building ideas for broker businesses in the major capital cities each year