Strategic Pillars and Objectives
Advocacy, promotion and member engagement:
Shaping and influencing
- Enhance, build and maintain effective relationships with government, regulators, media and other key stakeholders;
- Vigorously advocate on behalf of the mortgage broking industry and educate stakeholders about the broker value proposition;
- Inform consumers and other stakeholders about the stringent professional standards set by the MFAA and the mortgage broking industry;
- Consult and engage with members via Regulatory Roundtables, Member Forums, National Forums, MFAA communications and other means; and
- Provide government and regulators with credible and persuasive submissions that are in the best interests of our members and the industry.
Education, training and events:
Enabling and informing
- Set industry benchmarks in education, professional standards and professional development programs;
- Deliver a National Roadshow and other events that provide relevant education to enhance the success of our members and underpin the professional recognition of our industry; and
- Acknowledge and celebrate the professional achievements of our members at State and National Excellence Awards.
Professionalism and sustainability:
Building confidence and trust
- Maintain and improve the MFAA Code of Practice and professional standards of our industry;
- Continue to implement corporate governance improvements that best serve the interests of MFAA members;
- Attract new members to join the industry’s premier industry body; and
- Provide frameworks that support our corporate social responsibility objectives and the delivery of industry-wide community engagement.
Membership services and support:
Developing and strengthening
- Deliver business building skills, tools and support services to enhance the success of our members;
- Provide industry benchmarking data, information and reporting to our members; and
- Be a hub of valued information for finance brokers.
Monitor and evaluate emerging opportunities and threats:
Protecting and nurturing
- Identify, monitor, evaluate and effectively respond to emerging opportunities and threats;
- Collaborate with other industry associations where appropriate; and
- Stay at the forefront of industry developments.