Under the MFAA Constitution and Disciplinary Rules, the MFAA Tribunal has the power to issue determinations to expel and suspend members and to cancel memberships where appropriate.
The Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) Disciplinary Rules were established by the MFAA Constitution.
These Rules describe the process that the MFAA takes with respect to, but not limited to, the following:
- complaints about the conduct of members of the MFAA;
- allegations of breaches by its members of the MFAA Constitution, Code of Practice or other requirements of the Board;
- investigation of such complaints, allegations and other matters, by the Investigating Officer;
- the establishment of, and action taken by, the MFAA Tribunal; and
- appeals against declined applications for membership of the Association.