The MFAA Constitution provides that the MFAA Board shall comprise five Directors elected by members eligible to vote and other Directors appointed by the MFAA Board, up to a maximum of ten Directors. This is subject to a number of requirements regarding the composition of the Board including (among other requirements) that:
- the Board must include five Directors elected by Voting Members;
- at least four of the Directors elected by members must be 'Eligible Brokers' (i.e. a Full Member who is an individual operating as a loan writer; or the Nominated Representative of a Full Member which carries on a Broking Business) - unless there are insufficient nominations;
- 'Eligible Brokers' must constitute the majority on the Board;
- no more than two of the five Directors elected by the Voting Members may have their principal place of residence in the same state or territory of Australia at any one time; and
- no more than one Director, whether a Director elected by the Voting Members or an Additional Director, can be associated with or represent the interests of any one organisation or organisational group.
A Director elected by members will be elected for a three-year term and the Board is structured so that some elected Directors must retire each year by rotation and may be eligible for re-election. In accordance with the Constitution, Tim Donahoo will be standing down and Scott Bolton will retire and is eligible to stand for re-election.
Accordingly, the MFAA is calling for nominations for two Directors.
You are encouraged to either stand yourself or nominate another member to stand for election this year and ensure members are appropriately represented by a high quality, knowledgeable Board.
Nominations are now open and will close at 5.00 pm (AEDST) on Monday, 22 October 2018
If there are more candidates than vacant positions on the Board, an online election will be held commencing Tuesday, 30 October 2018.
Further information will be provided to Members at the time if an election is called.
Board Nomination / Elections 2018
|Call for nominations||Tuesday, 2 October 2018|
|Nominations close||Monday, 22 October 2018 at 5.00pm (AEDST)|
|Ballots open (if Election is called)||Tuesday, 30 October 2018|
|Voting closes||Thursday, 15 November 2018|
|Results announced||Wednesday, 21 November 2018|
|Annual General Meeting||Wednesday, 21 November 2018 at 5.30pm (AEDST)|
Information for prospective candidates and Voting Members.
A guide has been designed to assist members to understand the process of an election of Directors to the Board of the MFAA.
|MFAA Board Election Guide|
|Board Election Nomination Form|
|Board Candidate Information Form|