The MFAA belongs to professional people and companies working in the mortgage and finance industry. It exists and it grows for its members. The association is committed to making membership worthwhile and beneficial.
MFAA membership establishes you as a trusted source for borrowers. Belonging to the peak industry body shows you adhere to an industry code of practice which sets high professional and ethical standards for members. It demonstrates your integrity, commitment to professionalism and ongoing professional development, and shows your promise to always put your client first.
Credibility - As the peak industry body, the MFAA is determined to rid the industry of unscrupulous operators. We continue to maintain strict accreditation standards on education, experience and ethics. Consumers can go to an MFAA member and borrow with confidence.
Visibility - Our advertising campaign ensures MFAA members are always promoted to consumers in the media. We also provide helpful hints and tips for homebuyers via the Mortgage & Finance Help website, and on our Facebook page.
Authority -The MFAA is the acknowledged authority in the mortgage and finance industry. The MFAA can give you the access to what you need when you need it. The MFAA is frequently sought by the media for comment on industry developments.
Unity - MFAA continues to proactively lobby governments at all levels on behalf of its members. The past year has seen us making submissions to the Federal Government on anti-money laundering and Counter terrorism financing, electronic conveyancing and many more.
Opportunity - Increasingly consumers will be asking if you are an MFAA Member. Being a member of MFAA enables you to take advantage of our extensive professional development program and the numerous events around Australia to broaden your contacts and develop your business networks. MFAA also provides the opportunity to be recognised by your peers and the community via the MFAA Excellence Awards.
Each State has hosted well attended PD days including a variety of speakers ranging from ASIC representatives, economic updates, successful brokers sharing their story and legal and compliance subject matter experts.
- MFAA seeks members’ views and positions and puts them forward to government, regulators, media and consumer groups
- MFAA assists governments and regulators in preparing government policies and initiatives affecting our industry
- MFAA runs information and public relations campaigns to support the industry and to encourage borrows to always use an MFAA member
- Members are able to stand for election and participate in the governance of the association
- MFAA actively lobbies through a professional lobbyist to ensure regulatory changes don’t increase the cost of business or create inefficiency
- The MFAA disciplinary rules and procedures act to rid the industry of rogues. Click here to view MFAA expelled and suspended members.
- The Prosper Magazine, and MFAA News keep members informed about emerging issues and developments and provides information on a wide variety of subjects
- MFAA provides legal and compliance information to ensure members comply with the letter and spirit of relevant laws and regulation
- MFAA has a legal and compliance help area for general queries
- MFAA's partnership with Veda Advantage offers savings on credit checks. Contact Veda Advantage directly on 02 9278 7547 for further information.
- The Member Benefits Program offers discounts on a wide variety of lifestyle and business services and products
- MFAA provides a professional accreditation path for loan writers
- MFAA Pathways offers skills based courses online, face to face and in-house to enable you to expand your skills and business offering
- The continuing professional development (CPD) program ensures loan writers maintain their professional standing
- MFAA runs seminars and webinars around the country on topical issues
- The MFAA promotes the capabilities of the Australian mortgage and finance industry to government, regulators, media and consumer groups.
- The MFAA consumer awareness campaign encourages the public to always use an MFAA member
- MFAA members are listed on the ‘search for a member’ section of the MFAA's consumer-focussed brand Mortgage & Finance Help
- MFAA membership logos can be used on communications and marketing collateral
- MFAA Excellence Awards promote successful companies and individuals in the industry
- MFAA responds quickly to criticisms of, or misconceptions about the industry
- MFAA media releases can be used by members in their own public relations campaigns
- Brochures are available to members to distribute to clients
- The MFAA runs numerous events around the country to assist you increase your contacts
- Major international industry events are promoted to members