Australia's Leading Mortgage and Finance Operators Win Awards
1 March 2013
Australia’s leading mortgage and finance industry performers were honoured last Friday night at the tenth annual Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) Excellence Awards at the Crown Palladium in Melbourne.
The awards were handed out to credit advisers across almost every sector of the mortgage and finance industry, from major lenders to small regional mortgage brokingfranchisees.
MFAA Chief Executive Officer Phil Naylor said, “The level of our members’ professionalism and achievement was the highest ever achieved in the 10 years we have been organizing the awards. The credit advisers named in the awards are an ornament to our industry, which now delivers more than 40 per cent of home loans in Australia.
“The MFAA is determined to ensure the industry at all levels displays a high degree of professionalism, commitment to service, integrity, ethical conduct and innovation, and tonight’s winners set a new benchmark for our other 10,500 members”, he added..
The MFAA recognised the Commonwealth Bank’s invaluable support to the industry in sponsoring the awards.
The MFAA Excellence Award of Distinction
- Aussie Home Loans
- Achievement Award: Marissa Schulze, Rise High Financial Solutions, Adelaide, SA
- Mortgage Broker Of The Year: Ruan Burger, Time Home Loans, Brisbane, QLD
- Business Development Manager of the Year: Michelle Bannister, La Trobe Financial VIC
- Lender of the Year (Tier 1): Commonwealth Bank
- Lender of the Year (Tier 2): ING Direct
- Finance Broking Business: Hawthorn Finance, VIC
- Retail & Wholesale Aggregator/Originator: AFG, WA
- Mortgage Broking Business: 2-5 loan writers: Smartline Waymouth Street, SA
- Mortgage Broking Business: 6+ loan writers: Bernie Lewis, SA
- Mortgage Manager of the Year: State Custodians Mortgage Company
- Retail Aggregator/Originator: Aussie, NSW
- Support Services: WBP Property Group, VIC
- Wholesale Aggregator/Originator: Connective, NSW
To reflect the importance the MFAA places on monitoring lenders' service performance in relation to the broker channel, MFAA accredited members were invited to vote online for the Lender of the Year Award. Each lender was ranked against a set of seven criteria by all eligible voters. The top scoring lenders became the finalists with the overall top scoring lenders the winners.
Media Contacts: Tim Allerton or Andrew Geddes CityPR (02) 9267 4511
Kriti Colless, MFAA, 0414 955 899
The Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) is the peak industry body providing service and representation to about 10,500 professional credit advisers (mortgage and finance brokers, mortgage managers and aggregators) to assist them to develop, foster, and promote the mortgage and finance industry in Australia.
MFAA Excellence Awards Sponsor
This year marks a decade of Commonwealth Bank partnering with the MFAA to honour excellence in the mortgage broking industry.
Kathy Cummings, Executive General Manager, Third Party and Mobile Banking, Commonwealth Bank said “CommBank is proud to have had a long association with the MFAA which has contributed to increased professionalism in the mortgage broking industry and on-going recognition of those who are excelling in their business.
“The MFAA Excellence Awards honours those who have been outstanding in demonstrating strong business capabilities and sensational customer satisfaction. These Awards honour great achievements and recognises those who have a devotion to getting it right, first time, every time,” she concluded.